Hackensack Radiology is committed to ensuring the safety and health of our employees, patients, and visitors.
Here’s What to Expect:
- Virtual Waiting Room to maintains social distancing –Once you book your appointment:
1. You will receive an e-mail or text to complete your registration online.
2. When you arrive at our facility, please come inside to check-in or call us (ext 200 for Newman St, ext 300 for New Century Imaging).
3. We will ask that you wait in your car.
4. Our staff will text or call you when ready to start your exam.
- Enhanced Cleaning Protocols – We have amplified our well-established cleaning protocols, including staggered and lengthened appointment time slots to ensure that our staff has adequate time to clean rooms and all equipment between patients (the length of your actual test will not be extended).
- Training and Preparedness –HRG has remained open throughout these trying times, primarily because our staff is continuously trained on the most current infection prevention protocols. We are one of the few outpatient imaging facilities that have dedicated RN’s on-site during all open hours.
- Keeping you Healthy – We screen all guests prior to arrival to ensure our facility is safe for all patients, especially those with compromised immune systems (e.g. elderly, chronic medical conditions, or immunosuppressive therapies). Additionally, we (may) perform non-contact temperature checks with an infra-red thermometer. Our facilities adhere to a strict masking policy for all staff, patients, and visitors.
In order to comply with social distancing suggestions due to the Corona Virus (COVID-19) we are asking all patients to pre-register for your appointment. Once you check into our center at the time of your appointment you will be asked to wait in your car until we are ready to take them into the exam room. We will call your cell number and escort you directly into the exam room.
- If you suspect you have COVID-19 or have had a positive test, please contact your primary care provider or call the nearest hospital emergency department.
- All patients coming to our offices should self-screen at home prior to arriving. If you have any of the following symptoms, please contact your primary care physician. You may also contact your nearest urgent care center or emergency room.
- New cough
- New shortness of breath
- Fever over 100.0
- Sore throat
- All patients will also be verbally screened upon arrival to our offices.
- We are working with our referring clinicians to direct the imaging of high risk individuals to facilities that are appropriately equipped to handle such patients, such as hospitals.
- Patients are only allowed one visitor with them, and if possible, should arrive alone.
- All employees and visitors to our offices will undergo a COVID-19 screening via questionnaire. Anyone who fails the verbal screening will be referred to a local hospital.
- Patients will be limited to bringing one visitor with them into the clinical areas.
We encourage all patients and visitors to take these everyday preventive actions:
- Avoid contact with those who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using cleaning sprays or wipes
- Use alcohol based hand sanitizer
- Frequently wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds